It's a 10K run with obstacles, mudhills, walls, tires, hay bales, river crossings and all the other fun stuff you would imagine a marine base could concoct. It's going to be a rocking good time as I've registered for a team of 5 and I've basically volunteered the A-Team to run it. It's always nice to dedicate yourself to something and have a reason to train. Being that the A-Team was built around athletic competition, this should come pretty naturally. I just hope we still have what it takes after years of desk sitting, playing grab-ass and general tomfoolery.
Currently, the only other race I've run is the Santa Monica St. John's 5K. I did that in 29 minutes with ZERO training at 200lbs.
To be competitive in this race, with the obstacles, I've gotta drop at least 15-20lbs and double my endurance level. Hefty goals, I know but what else are you going to do?
Half-ass it?

No comments:
Post a Comment