Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleep Tight.

How the fuck do you sleep at night? Are these things that just happen? A crime of passion? A mistake of colossal stupidity? It's one of those things that make me wonder. I've lived in the shadow of a cheater my whole life. My father was a complete asshole and my mother lived with it. She's a saint and he's dead. She is loved by many yet I feel like she is still cursed by the things that have happened to her.

She's lived an amazing life. Done the things that she was supposed to do. He abandons his family, hugs the bottle and gets remarried and she thrives alone amongst a sea of hardships. He dies and I'm not sure I shed a tear for him for quite some time. Even then, it was the realization that through his actions, he has unintentionally shown me every thing i need to know about the person i never want to be.

i feel bad for them. Those who don't even know what they've thrown away. mistreat those that love them dearly. I hope they never have another satisfying night's sleep again. I hope they never escape the nightmare that is their waking life. Even after, i hope it haunts them just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment